Problems and Issues
At the end of the walk
- Make sure everyone has returned safely.
- After any exercise it is important to drink plenty of water even if you do not feel thirsty.
- Wait until all cars have started before you drive off, so nobody is left behind.
Image or cartoon here
After you get home
- Notify your emergency contact that you have returned.
- Clean all shoes, clothes and equipment so that you do not spread disease, dirt, or germs that can harm plants and animals from one area to another.
- Share photos and memories of your walk with friends.
Do you want to do more bushwalks?
The best way to learn more about bushwalking and find interesting places to walk is to join a bushwalking club. Hyperlink to the directory of bushwalking clubs page from the BWV site
- You will be able to choose from a wide range of walks and be led by an experienced leader.
- You will meet other people who enjoy walking.
- Joining a club is the cheapest and safest way to learn about bushwalking
Find other places to walk
- On the Bushwalking Victoria website
- On the Parks Victoria website
- In state forests you can use the More to Explore app.
The Bushwalking Victoria website also has more detailed information
- To help you walk safely in the bush
- To choose clothing, footwear and other equipment
- To choose a map or navigation app