What to Bring
• Registration Ticket/s
• Completed Emergency Medical Information Form
• If you are an individual Member of Bushwalking Victoria, completed "Acknowledgement of Risk Form for Temporary Members/Visitors"
Recommended Gear List
Walkers need to be aware that extreme weather conditions can be experienced at any time of the year in the area and the list below is a guide to the minimum items you should carry.
Recommended essential items:
- A day pack
- Hiking boots/shoes
- A First Aid Kit including personal medical items (refer below)
- Warm and comfortable clothing
- Sunhat/warm hat
- Toilet paper
- Walking poles
Personal First Aid Kit (recommended items):
- 1 x 10cm elastic compression bandage
2 x medium wound dressings – eg cutilin
Compeed or other blister pack
2 x anti-histamine tablets
6 x soluble Panadol or aspirin
Sunscreen and insect repellent (containing DEET) should be carried. Insect repellent and gaiters are a deterrent for leeches but these can be removed by a thin flat object, eg leaf or credit card, otherwise use your preferred method. Use water to wash the wound.