Bushwalking Victoria is committed to good corporate social responsibility. We have been actively promoting bushwalking as a safe and enjoyable recreation since 1934. Our clubs provide the community with opportunities to join them and participate with bushwalking in wonderful places.
Currently we engage in a range of social initiatives and advocacy that include:
- Using recycled products and recycling waste. Surplus equipment is either recycled or onsold
- Encouraging and advocating minimal environmental impact for bushwalking and recreational activities.
- Developing and communicate safe bushwalking practices for the community
- Actively advocating for protection and conservation of the environment
- Providing and managing volunteers to work on track mainentenance and development for bushwalking.
- Provide and managing volunteers to assist Victoria Police on search and rescue activies for the Victorian community.
- Actively contributing to and participating with conservation projects and provide submissions to the Victorian government.
- Promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children. We have zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Encouraging and support diversity of culture, gender and ethic diversity
- Supporting and contributing to local communities across Victoria through our annual Federation Walks events.