- Editor of the Maroondah Bushwalking Club in the Poo at GSWW Basecamp!
A Cautionary Tale 3rd May, Caravan Park, Portland. […]
- Rain Jackets – get the right winter gear
Neil Bellamy is a man on a mission: to bring in […]
- The Best Stretches for Hiking!
Stretching before a hike is essential for preparing […]
- East Gippsland Winter Festival 9 June – 9 July 2023
You may be interested in the program of free walks […]
- The Wonder of the Western Port Woodlands!
In one of the most cleared regions of the most cleared […]
- Winter in the Snow Techniques
Winter is around the corner and many people think that […]
- West Gippsland Bush Walking Club celebrates 25 years
On 31st January 2023, West Gippsland Bush Walkers Inc […]
- Deer Control Programs
Parks Victoria is responsible for conservation […]
- Bogong High Plains Meander
The South Gippsland and Strzelecki clubs recently […]
- Parks Victoria – Deer Control Program – Baw Baw National Park
Parks Victoria will engage the services of a […]
- BTAC volunteers clear the Valley of Destruction
Fourteen BTAC volunteers worked with Parks Victoria to […]
- Check your Map!
There are some really good hiking apps out there, but […]
- BTAC in action on the AAWT
Walkers, skiers and horse riders using the Australian […]
- Essendon Bushwalkers complete the Major Mitchell Trail
It all began with a suggestion by a club member as […]
- Melbourne Women’s Walking Club – Centenary Grand Finale at Warburton
Walking into History – Making History Way back in […]
- Tips for Summer Bushwalking
Summer brings unique challenges; here are some tips […]
- Stay Safe in Nature – This Summer is Different!
In response to ongoing flooding and unpredictable […]
- Training 2023
Workshops: Using your Smartphone for Navigation […]
- How to Keep our Feet Fit for Hiking
With the warmer weather on the way (here’s hoping), we […]
- Family Walks for Summer
A lot of parents dread the six-week Christmas Holidays […]
- Navigation Techniques: “Aiming Off”
Here’s another really useful tip for your navigation […]
- Brilliant Base Camp #2: Wyperfeld National Park
Wyperfeld NP is one of Victoria’s vast Mallee parks […]
- Great Ocean Road Coastal Trail
A new coastal trail will enable walkers to experience […]
- FedWalks 2022 – Don’t miss out!
There are still places available for the Federation […]
- Brilliant Base Camp #1: Grampians (Gariwerd) NP
We’re happy to share the first in our Brilliant Base […]
- Can I Be a More Sustainable Bushwalker?
Most bushwalkers recognize that Victoria’s natural […]
- Give Geocaching a Go!
Bushwalking and geocaching are a match made in heaven. […]
- Update from the Board
The first meeting of the new Bushwalking Victoria […]
- Park Closures
Following heavy rainfall and flooding in East […]
- Winter Essentials
The alpine environment is perfect for adventurous and […]
- Are You SnowSafe
The Australian Ski Patrol Association (ASPA) has […]
- Looking for Maps?
Finding Maps for Bushwalking in Victoria Whether […]
- Walking in Winter
Staying dry and warm on a winter bushwalk can be […]
- Add Your Voice
A respectable member of the Bushwalking Tracks and […]
- Are Back Bearings Obsolete?
A back bearing is exactly the opposite direction to […]
- How to Print Electronic Maps
Increasing numbers of bushwalking maps are now […]
- A Hundred Years of Walking!
Members of Melbourne Women’s Walking Club (MWWC) are […]
- New Mt Bogong Map
Rooftop Maps has recently released a new Mt Bogong map […]
- Walking the Kokoda Trail – Courage, Endurance, Tenacity – The preparation and experience of a new bushwalker
Liz Thompson, a member of the Melton Bushwalkers, […]
- Reinstatement of the Mitta Mitta River Walk
For many years, walkers on the Mitta Mitta section of […]
- (no title) Post 9515
The recently released Dandenong Ranges & […]
- The Grampians Peaks Trail has Opened
After being in the pipeline for well over 20 years, […]
- Brush Up on Your Navigation Skills
The increasing popularity of smartphones and handheld […]
- Getting Help in a Bushwalking Emergency: Devices to Consider
Back in the day, a bushwalker’s emergency devices […]
- Review of The Pyrenees Touring Guide 1st Edition A New Map from Meridian
Lots of interesting, varied walks, fine wines, […]
- Falls to Hotham Alpine Crossing Project Update – October 2021 Project Update
The Falls to Hotham Alpine Crossing (FHAC) is the […]
- Review of ‘Central Victorian Highlands Walk and Ride Circuits’ Guide Book
The Great Dividing Trail Association (GDTA) has […]
- Buying a GPS? Here are some questions to consider before buying a GPS
Buying a GPS is a bit like purchasing a car: there are […]
- Bushwalking with Children
Tips for Bushwalking with Children One does not have […]
- Practical Snacks for a Short Bushwalk – Gourmet Style!
Now that you have consulted our list of 5 short […]
- Finding Maps for Bushwalking in Victoria
Where to start when looking for maps? Bushwalkers need […]
- Walking the Australian Alps Walking Track in Winter
Walking the Australian Alps Walking Track in Winter […]
- Bushwalking for Fun, Fitness, Friendship and Nature!
Retiring soon? Consider bushwalking as a way to stay […]
- Walking the Kokoda Trail
The preparation and experience of a new bushwalker Liz […]
- Gift Ideas for Bushwalkers
Busy with your Santa list? Apart from the usual […]
- Injured or Ill in a Remote Area?
PARAMEDICS GO BUSH WITH AMBULANCE VICTORIA’S NEW […]
- Are You a Gliker?
Fancy the idea of a bushwalk, but not the oh so […]
- Paper Maps for Bushwalking
How to print a paper bushwalking map from an […]
- Correct Track Notes and Maps for Bushwalkers are Essential
So you’re going on a bushwalk – do you […]
- A Bushwalker’s Guide to Pain-free Walking
Top tips for preventing and managing injuries. We […]
- Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
Mother’s Day Gift Ideas for Bushwalking Mums […]
- Want to start Bushwalking? You can walk with a Bushwalking Club to give it a go!
Having discovered the benefits of exercising outdoors […]
- A New Map from Meridian – Mornington Peninsula Walks Map Guide 2nd Edition
Mornington Peninsula Walks is so much more than a map: […]
- Little Desert National Park & Mt Arapiles Map Guide, 1st Edition and Victoria’s Deserts 4WD Touring Map, 5th Edition
The popular Victoria’s Deserts 4WD Touring Map, now in […]
- Use lockdown time for navigation practice!
“Practise, practise, practise’’ is a mantra well […]
- How to print a paper bushwalking map from an electronic version
Over recent years, many map producers have provided […]
- NORTHERN CIRCUIT – WILSONS PROMONTORY Exploring the Mysterious North East Corner of the Prom
Members of the Bayside Bushwalking Club took a walk on […]
- Bushwalking Victoria calls for halt to native forest logging
Bushwalking Victoria calls for logging to be suspended […]
- Bushwalking Manual
Bushwalking Victoria has published an […]
- Update on snake bites in Victoria
While the chances of a snake bite are fairly low the […]