The following brochures have been developed by Bushwalking Victoria as a community service to help promote safe and enjoyable bushwalking.
- Make a Start73.97 KB Some basic information to get you started
- Walk Safe(2.69 MB) A general guideline to the inexperienced walker and a reminder to the more experienced, of accepted practice for safe and responsible bushwalking
- Tread Softly5.45 MB The Minimum Impact Code for bushwalkers
- Make Tracks for Conservation 1.56 MB Volunteering to conserve Victoria's great bushwalks
- Hut Etiquette35.9 KBA guide to the use and care of our mountain huts
- The Communications for Bushwalkers document has been superseded by information published on the Bush Search and Rescue Victoria web site. The article provides information for parties visiting remote areas to make informed choices on systems suitable for communications, including during an emergency.
'Green walking' is simply walking in the natural environment. It includes walks in urban and local parklands, walking along creeks and walking in the bush. Benefits of green walking include increased confidence, stress reduction, increased motivation, increased interest in life and the
development of social, environmental and personal skills. And of course, increased fitness!