Support the aims of Bushwalking Victoria and help promote the interests of all bushwalkers by joining today (individuals must be at least 18 years of age to join). Sign up online now.
Membership helps Bushwalking Victoria to be more influential in lobbying for the preservation and development of Victoria's bushwalking amenity. This includes access to public lands, conservation of landscapes, maintenance of tracks and development of new track and trail networks.
Individual supporter members enjoy the following benefits:
- Discount card for use at selected outdoor providers444.54 KB - the 10% saving will quickly reimburse your membership fee!
- Newsletter to keep abreast of bushwalking issues and activities
- Advocacy and representation to promote and protect bushwalkers' interests, including supporting policies and funding by Government for recreational walking infrastructure.
- Access to Bushwalking Victoria activities:
Bushwalking Tracks and Conservation (BTAC)
- Bush Search and Rescue Victoria (BSAR)
- Assists Victoria Police on land searches on and off-snow
- Offers additional first aid subsidies for BSAR members
- Requires support from bushwalkers, ski tourers, snowboarders and others experienced in the bush
- Eligibility criteria apply; see www.bsar.org for joining details and application form. Search specific training provided.
- Deals with all land management issues affecting Bushwalkers
- Track Maintenance Group: keeping tracks open for all
- Track Development Group: creating new tracks
- Conservation Projects Group: restoring bush areas
- When participating in Bushwalking Victoria activities such as track maintenance, conservation projects or the annual 'Federation Walk' public liability insurance cover.
Prior to participating in a Bushwalking Victoria activity, individual supporter members are required to complete the Activities application form(44.63 KB)Please note: Individual membership of Bushwalking Victoria does not include the right to participate in activities of member clubs, however some clubs may choose to accept non-club members on club activities.