Member clubs should save a copy of the logo for use by the club e.g. web site, newsletter, publications, letters. Please remember to replace the old version of the logo with this new version. Simply 'right-click' the following image and select Save Picture As or Save Image As. Text for club newsletters
Member bushwalking clubs are encouraged to promote the new brand image to members in club newsletters. Simply copy and paste the following text and please include BWV's new logo with your article. Thank You!
A NEW IMAGE FOR BUSHWALKING VICTORIA
A new image for Bushwalking Victoria was launched at the annual Leadership Forum held on 14 June.Sean Savanah of Savanah Designs, who developed the new image in response to a Bushwalking Victoria Creative Brief, explains the rationale of the new logo and image:
"The new Bushwalking Victoria brand identity represents the emotion and unique nature of bushwalking in Victoria. Ribbon-like forms intertwine leading the eye up through the symbol like a path running into the landscape. The forms not only represent rolling hills and valleys but also the many levels of service provided by the organisation and the interaction between partnering organisations, clubs and volunteers. The colours represent the many features of the Victorian bush with its diversity of flora through the greens, the earth/paths, sea and rivers, the eucalyptus haze across the mountains, and the unique burst of unexpected colour from a passing rosella, or the sighting of the Common Pink Heath (Epacris impressa) flower, or the glow of a red sunset on the alpine range, punctuated with the orange glow of the sun."
A clear image is an essential element in Bushwalking Victoria's plans to build a better understanding of what we do, strengthen our reputation, exert greater influence on matters affecting bushwalkers and obtain more support for what we are trying to achieve.
The new image is much more than a logo. It is a design scheme that creates a distinctive look and feel which will make Bushwalking Victoria instantly distinguishable from other organisations. The design scheme includes:
- Updated and re-organised website to make it easier to find information. This process will take some months to complete
- Letterhead, power point and business card templates
- Pull up banner to be used at Bushwalking Victoria events e.g. Federation Walks
- New design templates which can be used for publications and brochures
- New format and design for Bushwalking News Victoria and On The Tracks
- New 'banner' for Bushwalking Victoria's Facebook page
- New plastic BWV membership cards with new design
- Car stickers. Some car stickers will be sent to every club (numbers will be proportional to size of club) and additional stickers can be ordered for a small charge
The tri-fold DL size brochure will be made available to member clubs to add their own logo and content e.g. when seeking to attract new members
Bushwalking Victoria will progressively implement the new image over the next few months. Once the image implementation and website improvements are completed Bushwalking Victoria will develop a campaign to promote the bushwalking as an enjoyable lifelong recreation suitable for all ages.